Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What I'm doing up here.

I was asked today by my friend Stephy's mom if I was getting my masters. Kind of.

I figure this might make some sense if I explain what I'm doing. I would love to get my Masters of Fine Arts. It is a very competitive program to get into. Most schools only except 10 MFA students at a time. Not ten graphic designers, ten sculpture artists, ten illustrators, no, only ten students at a time regardless of what they want to study. So it's rather competitive especially if I want to stick around Michigan. We'll see.

I have wonderful talents as an artist. I do. BUT I need them to get better so that I can get into Grad School and get that MFA so that I can have more doors for me. Also it'll help me show my work more. Which could help me become FAMOUS! Oh the dreams. :)

But basically I want my artwork to get better, and the type of artwork that I do involves a shop and industrial type equipment and a place to work, all of which I can't afford at the moment. The good news is, I found a place to do it.

I feel better. When I talked to Stephy's mom she said I sounded a lot happier. That's because I am. I miss all my friends that are 8+ hours away, but I know that it wont be long before I'm home again.

Sometimes you have to get away from everything to remember who you are. And well, I'm starting to remember. I smile a lot more, I feel all fluttery again (Like a butterfly that has a field of flowers in front of them), and I don't feel as negative.

Plus I'm welding again. And that makes me VERY happy. I'm getting better at it too. Even if I kinda singed part of my left eyebrow off. I had my head to close to the weld and too much arc length causing too much spatter, some flash went down my hood, and I smelt burning hair. My head was covered so I didn't know what had burned, and kept going. My roommate Sean confirmed it for me. You can kind of see in the picture that my arch is missing.


This morning I did notice some very ominous clouds. I was worried they were snow clouds. They looked dangerously like snow clouds. They might have been, but the temperature was too warm for it. Winter's coming for me though, I can feel it in my joints. I'm prepared though with warm clothing and boots.

Also, I'm changing my hair style a bit. I'm going for a full on Rockabilly look. And I'll have a Barbie Doll pony a lot. I'll post pics after I get it done. I rather excited for it. I figure, I always admired Rosie the Riveter and well might as well do it up right.

Well, that's all for tonight. :)

God Bless,

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment