Saturday, September 10, 2011

Musical Goodness



So I went out with Matt to check out a few bands. The one was a local band, Midnight Manual. Not bad. They did a fantastic cover of Kashmir, by Led Zeppelin. I took video of them playing but I need to edit the sound quality before I post it. I did take a few pics.

Midnight Manual is a six piece band with 2 guitars, a hollow body, a bass, drums, and a violin player. They also snazz up the place by dressing in suits and a dress (one girl). They did a couple of covers, but the very last song was their cover of Kashmir. It was the best cover I had heard in a long time. The lead male singer has a set of lungs on him. He could probably cover RUSH no problem. The girl had an interesting voice, she covered Florance and The Machine's "Dog Days". But her voice was more unique. I'd go see them again.

The next band was also a six piece band. The had a Xylophone player, a keyboard, 2 guitars, bass, and a semi ridiculous drum kit. They were called Life Sized Ghost and they were from Grand Rapids. Which was the band we actually went to see. I couldn't really hear the singer, she never asked to have her mic adjusted. They did do a pretty good cover of "My Guitar Gently weeps" as well as their own songs. Many crazy Xylophone solos.

It was a good night. I slept really well after that. The long islands probably helped too. Then I had to drag myself into work. I do believe that I haven't been getting enough sleep. I will try not to wear myself out, or I know where it will land me.

Good night, God Bless. :)

~Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment