Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Step one to recreating my look: Get hair cut with bangs and wear lipstick

I liked myself with bangs last year, but I didn't keep up with the trimming that was needed to keep my bangs looking nice. So This time I started with a shorter bang that didn't need to be curled to be worn. Basically just brushed and straightened correctly. They aren't true Rockabilly bangs, but all I have to do is add a headband or bandanna and I'm set. It's my interpretation. Plus the girl that cut my hair today didn't really know what she was doing. (I wanna look like Betty Page). I swear she said OK but had no clue who I was talking about.

This is Betty Page, just in-case you didn't know.


I can keep these trimmed on my own, and if I want to make them fuller later, I know how. I just needed a basic guideline. Also I got my eyebrows fixed so that they aren't weird looking anymore.

The next thing I need to do is wear lip gloss or stain in a reddish tone. Of which I have several lip colors of this nature.

Here's a picture of the process so far.


So this is a slow immersion into this. Don't get me wrong, I love being a silly hippy girl with my peasant skirts as well. But a good pencil skirt that hugs the rear just right will get me things. Like beverages.

The next thing is to start buying things that could be 40's and 50's inspired. As long as I put it together right, I'm golden.

So we'll have to see where this all goes. :)

God Bless,

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment