Monday, November 7, 2011

I take that back, I do have something to say.

I want to thank Clancy for this. But I want you all to know, I will be commenting more on this in the future.

"Happy are those that dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true."- Leon J. Suenes.

Ok, so here's the future comments on this quote.

People have dreams. No matter what they are, big or small people have them. I, on the other hand, have reality. I know what my dreams are, figure out how to get them, then go get them. Sometimes it takes longer then others to realize the dreams and sometimes things do get in the way, but forging (I made a metals joke... :D...) through the crap and keeping your eye's on the prize, you get what you want.

I almost gave up last year. I almost settled. Then all that mess that I went through last year and dragged everyone else I knew along with me, was an attempt to fight back. I will never allow myself to settle on something good enough when I know that I deserve better.

What I was settling for was a job that as the school year went on, wasn't worthy of what I had to offer. Being beat down by so many different things, I had the choice to either fight the man or give in. I kind of did both, possibly the wrong way of doing it, but I gave in. Not the way they wanted me to, and why would I? With what little respect I had for myself at the end of my first teaching job, I took it and ran off to the U.P.

I now know that I will never make the kind of money that rich people make. If I make a lot it's because I worked my butt off for it. I may decide to go be an apprentice someplace, which I will make more money there then teaching. That is besides the point. I know what price I had to pay in order to fill my dreams and get what I want.

I issue this question to you: "Are you willing to do it? Not just settle for good enough, but keep reaching for the dreams you created?"

Well, are you?

God Bless,

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment