Monday, March 26, 2012

Stuff and thoughts.... And more stuff.

So I do this thinking thing a lot. (Which most people do, some just have more complex thoughts then others)

I think about things that are relevant to getting older every time my birthday comes up.

Marriage. My brother is getting married this summer and so is one of my best friends. I'm in both weddings. A few other friends of mine are getting married this year or got engaged. I however, am not. And I'm not really worried about any of that. I had a discussion with my friend Tommie about how I didn't want the "white picket fence American dream". That's just not me. And last year it felt like that was my only option because of my career as a teacher was just getting started and that I was well on my way to a husband, 2.5 kids, a dog, house, blah, blah, blah. I'm never going to like that. Even if I think I might, I wont like it forever. The whole thing gave me a panic attack last year that lasted about 2 weeks. Yeah.... That's clearly not for me.

I need to marry (if I ever decide to) someone who is just as wild as me and willing to be young for the rest of our lives. Also someone who isn't afraid of being awesome and traveling with me as a blacksmith at ren fests.

Tommie made a point of saying that I might buy a house one day, but I'll be the one with a trebuchet in the back yard shooting water balloons filled with shaving cream at my neighbor's house, then running and hiding inside like we didn't do anything. Yup, that's totally plausible.

I think about other things too. Like jobs, what I'm going to do when I'm done with school, stuff like that.

Sean (my roommate), asked me what I was going to do when I was done with school this time around. I replied that I was going to be awesome. I guess it doesn't really matter what I do with it, as long as I'm doing something I enjoy. That's what's most important, doing something you enjoy. It doesn't matter about the money, money doesn't matter. As long as you can pay your bills on time, livable food budget, and some to save for rainy days, then well, that's all you need.

Who could ask for more?

Hearts and stars,

Olivia


No comments:

Post a Comment