Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Losers need not apply

So I got to thinking at work, as I do in the early hours of the morning while I'm making subs or digging around in the freezer for the things I need, about my recent dating history. And it's kind of a mess. But I have noticed a trend.

I date losers. Losers that have potential, but still losers. I guess I could have a better word for them, but they are not at all winners/keepers/anything to write home about. Presumably, the best word is losers.

Or projects. At any rate, they have been nice enough boys who found me to be attractive enough to want to spend time with me. That sounds horrible.

They have been nice enough boys for me to find something about them attractive even though they needed work. A good boyfriend shouldn't need work. And they should be good enough as they are.... Right? Or did I miss something?

That doesn't matter. I am tired of dating guys who are losers with potential. My high school boyfriend, very smart, had street sense, was sweet (when he wanted to be), and many other good qualities, could have been anything had he just believed in himself. Problem was, he wasn't good enough for me. He knew it, I didn't see it. Also he needed work. Work far past what a high school girl could handle.

The boy I dated in college. No he was not my boyfriend, officially, but we dated for 4 years. As in we went out on dates took turns paying and such the like. He was a project that, well turned out good for himself after we broke up. There came a point where I wanted him out of my life, and he is now.

Then lastly, the string of random dates that happened after I moved up here. They weren't all losers, one definitely was, but the others were projects. Projects that I am tired of dealing with. Yes they have potential to be something better then what they are, but I am not about to take on anymore projects.

I need a man.

Someone who can handle a lofty dreamed artist who occasionally throws a fit over things.

Someone who can hold me while I cry and hand me chocolate and/or beer as needed.

Someone strong enough to handle my whiplash like emotions and strong enough to bare there own.

Someone who will play video games with me, help me construct silly castles in Minecraft, and watch my silly movies with me.

Someone who understands that I sometimes just like to watch you play video games until I fall asleep. (Even C.O.D.)

Someone who likes to read.

Someone who will go to con's, ren faires, and other such events that require costumes.

Someone who isn't afraid of a good cuddle.

Someone who is driven and passionate about what they are doing with their life.

Someone who likes to travel.

Someone who is a big nerd. And will be one with me.

Someone who can make/fix/craft something. (Minecraft doesn't count here)

Someone who will not make me listen to popular musics and wont make fun of me for the songs I do know.

Someone who understands that I have my girls from CMU. And understands that they come with me. We are a packaged deal.

Someone I can have adventures with. No matter how big or small they may be, just adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment